The students love this time of year and we have a lot of fun things planned for the month of December! When we come back from Thanksgiving break, we will be doing our Unit Test in Reading and Writing. We will be working on multi-syllable words for Phonics. We will also continue to work on singular and plural nouns, along with irregular nouns. The following two weeks will be focused on how Christmas is celebrated in many other countries and we will compare that information to how our country celebrates Christmas. The students will be “traveling” to other countries to learn about their culture and they will be adding new stamps to their passport every day!
In Math, the students will be working on two-digit addition. Please continue to work on the Math facts at home. We will continue to do Mad Minute tests each Friday. The more that the students practice those basic facts, the more fluent they will be in applying those facts.
I will be sending home information regarding the Christmas party and the Christmas program after break. We are outside for a half an hour every day, weather permitting, so please make sure your students comes prepared.
Dates to Remember:
- Food Drive is going on now. Please send in any canned goods or
boxed goods for families that are struggling this time of year.
- December 3rd – Movie Night (Polar Express)
- December 3rd - Bookmobile
- December 8th – Second Grade Christmas Program 7:00 pm
(Students need to be at the school by 6:45 – information will come at a later date)
- December 9th – Santa Shop
- December 16th – Cookies with Santa (after school)
- December 18th – Christmas Party 2:30
- December 19th – January 4th – Christmas Break