Family and Consumer Sciences is a career and technical program that helps prepare students for life in the areas of culinary arts, career and college readiness, child development, managing life transitions, and financial management.
The Family and Consumer Sciences department at Black River consists of the following classes:
- College and Career Readiness/ Life On Your Own
- Child Development
- Principles of Food/ Chef I
- Culinary Fundamentals/Chef II
- Principles of Nutrition and Wellness/ Chef III
- Global Foods/Chef IV
- Financial Management
- Introduction to Family and Consumer Sciences/Middle School Life Skills
Students Taking FCS classes have the opportunity to be in:
Black River FCCLA!
There are many leadership opportunties available to you through FCCLA (Family, Career, Community Leaders of America--formerly Future Homemakers of America) when you enroll in Family and Consumer Sciences classes!
Students who have taken FCS courses, or who are currently enrolled in FCS courses can be an active part of Black River FCCLA!
Some amazing things that BR FCCLA participates in:
- Leadership Training and Leadership Opportunities
- Civic Engagement in and around the community and state
- FCCLA State Leadership Conferences and functions (Fall conference, District Meeting, State Conference, National Leadership Conference)
- Compete with FCCLA STAR (Students Taking Action with Recognition) events to take your service learning one step further!
For more information about the national student-led Family and Consumer Sciences organization FCCLA, click here